Position: Research and Advocacy Officer
Employment Type: Six Months (with Possibility of extension)
Number of positions: 1
Organization: CREHPA, Nepal
Center for Research on Environment Health and Population Activities (CREHPA) is a, not-for-profit research organization based at Lalitpur, Nepal. It is registered under Society’s Act 2034 BS, Government of Nepal as a non-governmental organization. It is also registered with the Social Welfare Council (SWC), Nepal.
CREHPA is looking efficient and dedicated Research and Advocacy Officer to work with its research team in carrying out research studies and evidence-based advocacy in the fields of Sexual and reproducti health and rights (SRHR).
Expected roles and responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Director/Co-Director, the Research and Advocacy Officer will involve in designing and implementing research related to SRHR. S/he will be responsible for conducing evidence-based advocacy and dissemination in relevant national and international forums. The Research and Advocacy Officer will have the following main roles and responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities:
- Review of literature for research project(s).
- Assists to develop, review and revise the study research protocol and data collection instruments, data management, quality assurance and monitoring plans and training materials.
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day implementation of research activities.
- Track data collection activities and prepare routine progress reports.
- Participate in quality assurance and data management activities and prepare progress report.
- Contribute to data analysis, report-writing and articles for peer review journals for publication.
- Involve in results dissemination within and outside the country.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with relevant government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate, – and facilitate policy discussions, workshops, meetings and expert meetings.
- Provide timely update and advice to stakeholders and the management team on advocacy issues or other issues that arise.
- Develop IEC/BCC materials.
- Design, organize and conduct training and workshops, develop and design appropriate advocacy strategy for program.
- Contribute to other projects, as assigned by the organization.
Minimum qualification and, – Skills & Experience Required:
- Master degree in Global Health, Population Studies, Public Health, Law, Public Administration or any other relevant social science discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in similar roles and responsibilities in any organization.
- Proven writing, editing, design, skills in English & Nepali.
- Ability to produce analytical and well-presented reports and publications.
- Skills in using data analysis software, MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Desktop Publisher and other graphics software is required.
- Nepali Citizen.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply with CV and a cover letter-specifying why he/she thinks is suitable for this position to email@example.com with no later than 31 December, 2022. Application received after this date will not be considered for further selection process. No telephone inquiries will be entrainment.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted for the further selection process.